Shouldn’t You Care About WHO Paints Your Home as Much as You Care About Your Own Major Investment?
In Canada, we’re very house-proud. According to Statista, in 2015, 38% of us planned on repainting our homes.
There are some home improvements that you can do on your own. Retiling a small bathroom is something most people can handle, for example. Some projects, however, are trickier. Painting your whole home is one of these.
Why Hire House Painting Contractors for Something Simple Like Painting?
Painting seems like a reasonably simple task. Just choose the colour and paint it onto the walls. It’s a little more complicated than you realize, though. Here’s why you should hire house painting contractors.
- You must choose the right paint for the area.
- If you’re having a specialized colour mixed, you better be sure you’ve bought enough of it.
- Exterior painting requires a deft hand. It’ll save you time and money to hire an exterior painting contractor.
- Painting one room is simple. Painting every room in the home is a lot of work that’s best left to a home painting contractor.
- You must prepare the walls properly.
- Professionals can get a much better deal on supplies than you.
- Pros also have all the essential equipment. This gear can be expensive to buy on your own.
- A painter will be able to advise you on what colours work in your space. You can also use an online app to help you visualize what the colour will look like in your area. Fun fact: Antique White is the colour most often chosen by homeowners.
- Pros will know how to deal with tricky areas such as sharp joins.
What should I look for when hiring a painting contractor?
You need a professional team of house painting contractors. Look for a well-established company of local house painting contractors.
Local professionals will understand the climatic conditions in your area. They’ll be able to advise you on the best type of paint, colour, and application technique.
Choose a company that has an excellent reputation. They should be happy to provide references for their work.
Questions to Ask Exterior House Painter
Before you agree to hire exterior or interior painting contractors, ask the following questions:
- How long will it take to complete the job?
- Could we stay in the house while the project is underway?
- How will you protect areas not to be painted?
- Have you included the price of the primer and paint in your quote?
- What brand and type of paint will you use?
- How many coats are you going to put down?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- How will you prepare the surface before you start?
Having a professional paint your home will save you a lot of time and hassle. You’ll get a professional finish. A team of painters will be able to complete the project a lot faster than you can on your own. You get your home back to a liveable state in next to no time.
Your home is the most significant investment you’re likely to make. Would you repaint your car? Of course not, you don’t have the skills or equipment. So, why DIY the paint job on an asset that is many times the value of your car?