Need Help Choosing the Right Paint Colours for Your Home That Reflect Your Good Taste?
There’s nothing like a fresh coat of paint to refresh your home. Painting is a simple and easy way to change the ambience of a room. How to choose paint colours for your home, however, is not quite so simple.
There are thousands of shades from which to choose. You can also create a custom mix of colours to get the perfect look. In this post, we’ll look at how to choose paint colours for your home quickly.
We’ve got some tips from top designers to help you find the right palette for your home.
How do I choose the interior colours for my house?
When choosing an interior colour, it’s essential to find something that you love. You might like a touch of hot pink in your sofa cushions, for example. Would it work for you on your walls? Here are some things to consider when choosing the colours:
- How big is the room? If you want the room to appear larger, stick to a lighter shade. If you want it to look cozier, choose a vibrant, warm colour.
- Be guided by your tastes: If you’re not sure what colours you like, have a look at the clothes you love. Can you get some inspiration from them?
- Pick up the colour from an element in the room: Is there an artwork that can inspire you? Pick up colours from your inspiration piece of art or furniture.
- Think about colour transitions from one room to the next: That sunshine yellow in the kitchen is pretty, but when it butts up against the bright pink in the living room, it may look a bit discordant.
- Consider hiring a consultant: If you really can’t decide, why not hire a consultant to help you visualize your options?
- Use our paint app: Want to see what the room will look like painted? Then snap a picture and upload it to our colour app. The app allows you to switch between all the colours in the Benjamin Moore range.
How do I pick a paint colour for my kitchen?
Start by looking at elements in the room that won’t change. What would match those granite countertops, for example? Is there a colour in the tiles that you can bring out? What overall style do you like? Natural or contemporary?
What is the best neutral paint colour?
The most popular neutral colour for Canadians is Antique White. Another neutral that works well is beige. Choose a neutral with a warmer tone. It looks more finished than stark white.
What are the new colours for living rooms?
Strap in for a bold change in 2020. Think rich, gem-like colours in bright tones. Colours like Saffron, clear blue, and scarlet are going to hit the big time. Use the bright colours of a Mediterranean tile as inspiration.
Check out the 2020 Pantone Colour Trend Report for inspiration.
Are some of these ideas a little tame for you? Then check out this HGTV post for more exciting design ideas. What it all boils down to, though, is that you must love the colours. If you can’t stand yellow, you’ll hate seeing your walls painted in Saffron.
While design ideas can be beautiful, see them as suggestions rather than absolute rules. Then you’ll instinctively understand how to choose paint colours for your home.